We are looking for five PTA Members (and one alternate) to serve on the Nominating Committee. Each year the job of the Nominating Committee is to seek qualified nominees for the leadership of the PTA elected in April.
If you are interested in serving on the Nominating Committee and you were a paid PTA member by January 20th, the election of this committee will be at our next PTA Meeting on February 20th at 8:40 am in Room 6! Show up and either nominate yourself or have someone else nominate you. If you would like to be considered for the Nominating Committee, but are unable to attend the meeting, please contact email@example.com with your written consent to run for a spot on the committee. Only people present at the meeting or from whom the president receives a written consent will be considered for election.
Nominating committee members should have a broad acquaintance with the membership and an understanding of Franklin PTA’s functions and purposes. The committee should include both experienced leadership as well as newer members. If you were on the Nominating Committee at Franklin last year, then you are not eligible this year.
Nominating committee members should be:
- Elected on merit and ability.
- Willing to devote adequate time to the responsibilities involved (this committee will only meet 2-3 times, with some work done at home)
- Knowledgeable regarding the eligibility requirements and the qualifications necessary for the offices to be filled as well as the responsibility of each office.
- Aware of the qualifications and abilities of potential nominees.
- Able to give objective consideration to nominees.
- Able to use sound judgment and skill in evaluating nominees.
- Tactful, discreet with integrity.
- Able to keep all deliberations confidential.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.