Join us for a Parent Education event this
Wednesday, April 2, 8:45am, Room 3
Stress Management and Kids
with Susan Stone, LMFT Read more …
Need motivation to dress 80’s for the Live Auction Party this Saturday? Here it is!
Tickets ON SALE THIS WEEK at Franklin for the Pier Party! Look for table at drop-off and pick-up, alternating between Idaho and Montana gates, as well as at the Scrip table on Tuesday morning. Read more …
We Need Your Help! Please support Franklin through eScrip – we can earn tens of thousands of dollars each year! It’s Easy!
If you‘re not signed up with eScrip, please visit www.escrip.com/signup and follow the instructions. If you’re currently signed up with eScrip, there is now a simple way for you to add grocery cards to your existing account. Read more …
Dear Franklin Families,
At last night’s Superintendent’s Advisory Council (SAC) meeting, Superintendent Sandra Lyon and SMMUSD Ed Services gave some good news on VSS updates:
- Class-size Reduction: confirmed for 25:1 ratio in grades K-3
- Literacy Coach: in consideration of Franklin’s big enrollment size, instead of having just one full-time literacy coach, we will have an additional 60% every week.
SMMUSD Child Development Service (CDS) is offering a Spring Camp for your School-Age child TK – 3rd in Santa Monica and K – 5th at Cabrillo
Spring theme is “On the CDS Farm.”
Join us for square dancing, art’s n crafts, cooking activities, field trips and so much more. Read more …
TODAY is the LAST DAY to purchase your tickets to Franklin’s Live Auction Party! Click HERE to purchase tickets NOW!
The event THIS COMING Saturday, March 29 and it is going to be a great night! The Beverly Hills Country Club is giving all attendees a two-week complimentary pass to their club (great place to take the whole family). Read more …
Get published at Franklin! Our very own students’ literary magazine is seeking submissions from ALL Franklin students. The staff of the publication is composed of students in Grades 4 & 5 who elect to join a Writing Club run by Ms. Read more …
Dear Franklin Parents,
Thank you all so much for your support with our California Distinguished School Validation Visit on Monday! It went extremely well! The team said that we have an amazing school, staff, and community! They were able to hold interviews with our stakeholder groups (students, teachers, PTA, and Site Governance). Read more …
Dear Franklin parents,
The California Distinguished School Site Validation Team will be visiting Franklin Elementary School all day on Monday, March 17!
Every five years our California Distinguished School designation expires, and then we have to apply for renewal. The first time we received the designation was in 2008, so…it is that time again! Read more …
6:00pm-The Cocktail/Silent Auction Hour Featuring:
- Two open bars (including our Franklin themed drink, “The Marty McFly”)
- My Flippin’ Book Station–take some photos and have a flip-book prepared for you within two minutes!
- Green Screen fun photography!
- Tasty Hors D’ Oeuvres -Beverly Hills Country Club
- “52 Card Wine Raffle”- buy a card to enter.
- 65’ Yacht Honor Bright -4 hours cruising with buffet dinner/open bar for 30 people
- Original Oil Painting by Yi Ellis, Co-President of Franklin PTA
- Two Tickets to Dancing With The Stars filming (details coming soon)
- Exclusive Resorts Vacation-4 night stay-Choose from one of 9 beautiful locations.
We will be holding our annual Wine Raffle at the Live Auction Party on March 29th. The Wine Raffle is an assortment of 52+ bottles of great wine or spirits (donated by Franklin parents) which is raffled off as one big, impressive collection on the night of the event. Read more …