For our returning families, this is just a reminder of our Classroom Observation Procedures. For our new families, we hope this information assists you. We value all you do to ensure a quality education for your child. However, to ensure minimum interruption of the instructional program, we would like to inform you that the following procedures, pursuant to District Policy #1250 (revised 9/2005), have been established to facilitate your visits to your child’s classroom during regular school hours.
- A written request must be submitted to your child’s teacher with detailed information regarding date and time of your requested visit.
- The above request must be given to your teacher at least 24 hours prior to your requested visit. The teacher will respond to schedule the visit once the following has been determined:
- The time/day, which will ensure minimum interruption of the instructional program (determined by the teacher).
- A scheduled time when an administrator can be present during the observation. We have put his protocol in place so that a staff member is available to answer any questions you have.
- Classroom visits are limited to a maximum of 20 minutes.
- If a conference is desired, an appointment should be set with the teacher during non-instructional time.
- To ensure safety of students and staff, all visitors must register immediately upon entering any school building or grounds when school is in session.
We appreciate your cooperation in advance and hope that this procedure will assist you in building a better relationship with your child’s classroom teacher.