It is time for our Student Committee Elections.
Available offices to run for are:
- 5th graders for President of Student Committee
- 4th graders for Vice President of Student Committee
- 3rd graders for Secretary of Student Committee
- Green Team Chairperson
Every child wishing to run should submit a one paragraph speech describing their desire to run for office. Speeches should be submitted by Monday, October 8. No speeches will be accepted after that date.
Speeches will be presented to the 3rd through 5th graders in an assembly on Friday, October 12 at 1:15pm.
- The President will be in charge of making announcements to the school weekly. He or she will also be in charge of heading several committees and help create spirit days.
- The Vice President will assist with the President’s duties and head sub-committees. He/she will help make announcements and lead our efforts to make sure students are receiving all information.
- The Secretary is in charge of taking notes during the meeting and providing the student committee facilitators information from meetings. The Secretary will also assist with spirit days.
- The Green Team Chairperson officer. This person is in charge of our green efforts around campus including recycling, planting, and walk to school days. 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade students are eligible to run for this position.
Speeches should indicate reasons for wanting to attain the office for which the student is running, what the student can offer the school as an officer, and any other relevant information. We look forward to another great year in Student Committee!