Dear Franklin Families,
In April, State Testing will begin for grades 2-5 throughout the Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District. This is your child’s opportunity to show us all what he or she has learned throughout the year. These tests are aligned with the state-adopted standards. You will receive the results of the tests by early September.
It is important that your child knows how important these assessments are; however, we don’t want them to feel nervous or stressed about them.
Here are some important tips during the few weeks of testing:
- It is important for students to attend daily so that they do not need to complete a make up test.
- Please schedule all appointments for after school. Make up testing can be stressful for some students because it is generally done outside of their regular class environment.
- Make sure your child gets a good night sleep each night.
- Provide a good breakfast.
- Make sure your child is on time to school. Rushing can cause unnecessary stress.
Below are the scheduled testing times. Most students will take the California Standards Tests which will begin on either April 17 or April 22 depending on the gradelevel. The first set of dates are for those taking the California Modified Assessment (CMA). The second is for the CST.
State testing is going to begin on April 15 with those taking the California Modified Exam (CMA) starting first.
- 3rd graders taking the CMA will test Monday, April 15 through Wednesday, April 24 beginning at 10:15am.
- 4th graders taking the CMA will test Monday, April 15 through Monday, April 22 beginning at 10:40am.
- 5th graders taking the CMA will test on Monday, April 15 through Thursday, April 18 and then again Monday, April 22 through Friday, April 26 beginning at 10:15am.
Most Students will take the California Standards Test (CST). The schedule is below.
- 2nd graders: Monday, April 22 through Monday, April 29 beginning at 10am
- 3rd graders: Monday, April 22 through Monday, April 29 beginning at 10:15am.
- 4th graders: Monday, April 22 through Friday, April 26 beginning at 10:40am.
- 5th graders: Wednesday, April 17 through April 18 beginning at 10:15am and then Tuesday, April 23 through Friday, April 26am beginning at 10:15am.
Thank you for your attention.