Water Balloon Drop, Wednesday, May 8, 1:30 pm, Front Lawn!
Get ready to build your contraption for our Annual Water Balloon Drop, which will take place on Wednesday, May 8, 1:30 pm in front of the school on the Terrace next to Mr. Reff’s classroom.
We are now actively looking for Water Balloon Drop volunteers to work behind the scenes!
Sign up today at: http://www.mysignup.com/waterballoonvolunteers2013
Don’t forget important contest rules!
1. Each contestant needs to build an apparatus that will enable a water balloon to survive the fall from the windows of Ms. Flynn’s second story classroom without breaking.
2. Each device will be tested only once. Success is determined entirely by whether the water balloon survives the drop.
3. Students must provide all materials, including the water balloon filled with water no smaller than a 12″ circumference (hint: wrap a tape measure around the filled balloon).
4. Maximum size water balloon apparatus to be 12″x12″x12″.
5. Each balloon must be filled with tap water without additives.
6. Only students who create a water balloon apparatus and participate in this event will receive prizes and credit towards their Science Club Explorer’s Trophy.