Running for Student Committee
How do I run for Student Committee: Everyone who would like to run for office should submit one paragraph stating why you want the office. You should not promise things to others that you can’t do. You will need to submit your paragraph by October 2, 2013. Please turn in your paragraphs to Mrs. Robinson (either deliver it to her or deliver to the office and indicate it is for Mrs. Robinson). On October 4, you will have an opportunity to read your speeches to your peers. Voting will take place on October 4. No buttons, videos, posters, or fliers may be given out.
Only 5th graders can run for President. The duties of President are the following:
· Announce upcoming events at outdoor assemblies and over the loud speaker.
· Help run meetings
· Help think of Spirit Days
· Be a role model on campus
Only 4th graders may run for VP.
· Help the President run meetings
· Help with student committee announcements at outdoor assemblies and the loud speaker.
· Be in charge of making posters for different events.
· Be a role model on campus.
Only 3rd graders may run for Secretary.
· Take notes at meetings
· Help make sure posters are made
· Keep the meeting moving.
GREEN TEAM LEADER
· Be the liaison between the adult Green Team and student Green Team.
· Run Green Team events
· Help with trash challenges
· Present Green Team information to the school
There may be a council elected to assist with each of these jobs.