Hello Parents! Hope you are enjoying summer. Please see the message below from Jon Kean, Lincoln’s PTSA President. Also, if you would like to stop receiving emails from Franklin (please say it isn’t so) click “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of this email and follow the necessary steps. THANK YOU!
Dear Incoming 6th Grade Families
I know it’s hard to think about school now that we’ve all settled into our summer routines. And while I hate to be the bearer of bad news (or good news to many of us depending on how you view it), but school starts up in seven weeks.
So, welcome to Lincoln Middle School!
Relax, relax. There’s really very little that you need to worry about now. On behalf of the PTSA, I just wanted to say hello and give you a few small things to put on your radar.
1) The only thing that you MUST do is register on the Lincoln PTSA Website. Go to www.lmsptsa.org and sign up. We do almost all of our communications via email and if you want to stay informed, this is the best way to do so. If you do not have reliable internet access or cannot navigate email, we will help you once the school year starts.
2) There are many after school activities sponsored by PTSA or LMS. These include an after school gym with personal training for students, robotics, drama, music, computer coding (this is a new one and might be fee based. Still working on it). Stay tuned for more info on these programs and more once school begins.
3) An exciting new program is an after school Spanish language program. We hope that kids who have been working on their Spanish language skills in elementary school will continue at Lincoln. The class will probably be two days a week after school and taught by our Spanish teacher, Mark Forte. If you have interest in this program, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can begin to gauge class size.
4) September 5th. 6pm. Save the date for 6th grade Movie Night. We will set up a big screen outside and show a movie for our new Lincoln Lions. Also a great chance for parents to meet one another and socialize (out of view of the 6th graders…get used to it parents. Embrace the new reality).
5) Applications are available for Site Governance on our website if you are interested in running for a position.
That’s kind of it for now. You will get communication from us as we get closer to August 19th. New Student Orientation/Get Your Stuff days will be August 13th, 9am for last names starting with an A-M, 11am for N-Z. While these times are written in ink, they are not in stone. Please double check as we get closer.
Enjoy these seven weeks and looking forward to welcoming all of you in August.
PTSA President, Lincoln Middle School