The SMMUSD Annual Food Drive for the Westside Food Bank is continuing through this Wednesday, Dec. 17! Franklin has 4 barrels in the front office. Let’s fill them to the top!
Please make sure that all food donated has not been opened if it is not individually wrapped, and that the inner packaging is still intact. Please, no expired food.
- Tuna, Vegetables, and Soup
- Fruits and Fruit Juices
- Pork & Beans
- Stews & Other Meats
- Pasta, Lentils, Pinto and other beans.
- Macaroni & Cheese & Packaged Dinners
- Instant Soups
- Hot and Cold Cereals
- Peanut Butter & other Nut Butters
- Nutritional Bars: protein, granola, energy or breakfast bars
Baby foods are also urgently needed. Sadly, two thousand babies and toddlers are without adequate nutrition each day right here on the Westside of Los Angeles. We want to help them receive the nutrition they need to grow and develop into strong and healthy children. We now have a special section at our warehouse devoted exclusively to infant and toddler nutrition so that our member agencies have easy access to the foods that are so vital to the health and well-being of the children in our community.
Please consider collecting the following items:
- Infant formula
- Jar foods – all flavors and stages
- Crackers, teething biscuits, and cookies
- Raisins & fruit snacks
- Juices: jars, cans, pouches and boxes
- Infant and children’s cereals