Get published at Franklin! Our very own literary magazine, Franklin Soup, is seeking submissions from ALL Franklin students. Prizes will be awarded to the top two submissions (one for grades K-2 and one for grades 3-5).
The staff of the publication is composed of students in grades 4 & 5 who elect to join a Writing Club run by Ms. Flynn; parent editor Natalie Meir; and parent Brent Ballatore, who will do the layout and design. Copies of Franklin Soup will be available for purchase at our Spring Book Fair and Open House.
If you would like to submit a story or art piece, please follow the guidelines below and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, April 21st.
- Must be an original piece of writing by the student
- Must be typed in Microsoft Word in Font Times New Roman, Font Size 14
- Please submit an electronic copy by attachment to email@example.com
- Deadline: Tuesday, April 21
- Must be original art work by the student
- Must be in PDF format
- Size not to exceed 8 1/2 by 11 inches
- Illustrations must include child’s name, name of story (if related to a writing piece), teacher, and grade.
- Please submit an electronic copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline:Tuesday, April 21
Please note: failure to adhere to the above deadlines will jeopardize your chances for publication. Franklin Soup staff retains the final right to determine appropriate content for publication. If time allows, you can re-submit.
Thank you and happy writing (or drawing)!