We have been sending a lot of students home due to illness. Everyday preventive actions are steps that people can take to help slow the spread of germs. These include the following personal and community actions:
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- If you or your child gets sick limit contact with others as much as possible to help prevent spreading illness. Stay home (or keep your child home) for at least 24 hours after fever is gone except to seek medical care or for other necessities. Fever should be gone without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.
- If an outbreak of flu or another illness occurs, follow public health advice. This may include information about how to increase distance between people and other measures.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. This will block the spread of droplets from your mouth or nose that could contain germs.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub
Let’s try and keep our school as healthy of an environment as possible!