- Lice: Please periodically check your child’s scalp for lice. Remind them not to share: hats, helmets, hair accessories, brushes etc. Lice nits are very small, white and stay stuck to the hair strand. The main symptom for lice is scalp itching. Lice is common & treatment is available over the counter at your local drug store. Please alert the Health Office if you see lice.
- Fever/Vomiting/Diarrhea: Please keep them home for 24 hours after vomiting/fever has subsided. This helps them to recover & keeps the school healthy!
- Temporary Assistive Devices: In order to keep everyone safe at school, we need a clearance note from Physicians for students with any type of assistive device: brace, splint, wrap, crutches, wheelchair etc. This allows us to alert the PE coaches, teachers & staff so they can modify as needed for your child. A student using assistive devices without a form on file will be sent home.
The Doctor Note needs to specify:
1. What they are wearing/using
2. Physical activity restrictions if any
3. Time frame/expiration
- Medication Authorization Form: We must have a current Medication Authorization Form on file in the Health Office if your child is needing to take any medication at school (prescription, over the counter, cough drops & homeopathic). This form needs to be completed by both Parent & Physician for the current school year.
- Students are not allowed to bring medication to school without the proper paperwork & notifying the School Nurse. All forms are available in the Health Office. Please stop by if you have any questions!
Priscilla C. Guzman, RN, BSN School Nurse
Franklin 310-828-2814 X 62-209