exciting programs. The teachers have chosen colors for the new Shade Covers and tables that the PTA approved at our last meeting.
Our PTA President, Megan Histand, presented updates about fundraising and membership. Take a moment to notice the new red pole wraps around the basketball poles on the playground. In the next month or so, be on the lookout for two new bulletin boards that were ordered for the Idaho and Montana gates. Teachers have begun submitting for their grants that were approved by the PTA. Approved grants so far have included new iPads, a Lego Robotics program, and STEM-based classroom experiments. Ask your teacher about how they are using their grant! Also, be on the lookout for more information regarding our Gardening Committee and Multi-Cultural Committee in the next month. Exciting things are planned.
- elected on merit and ability;
- willing to devote adequate time to the responsibilities involved;
- knowledgeable regarding the eligibility requirements and the qualifications necessary for the offices to be filled as well as the responsibility of each office;
- aware of the qualifications and abilities of potential nominees;
- able to give objective consideration to nominees;
- able to use sound judgment and skill in evaluating nominees;
- tactful and discreet with integrity; and
- able to keep all deliberations confidential.
The Nominating Committee at Franklin will consist of five people with one alternate. If you are interested in serving on the committee, you must be present at the next PTA meeting for the election. Please consider volunteering for this very important position. Contact us at email@example.com for any other questions.