Nominating committee members should have a broad acquaintance with the membership and an understanding of Franklin PTA’s functions and purposes. The committee should include both experienced leadership as well as newer members.
Nominating committee members should be:
- Elected on merit and ability.
- Willing to devote adequate time to the responsibilities involved.
- Knowledgeable regarding the eligibility requirements and the qualifications necessary for the offices to be filled as well as the responsibility of each office.
- Aware of the qualifications and abilities of potential nominees.
- Able to give objective consideration to nominees.
- Able to use sound judgment and skill in evaluating nominees.
- Tactful, discreet with integrity.
- Able to keep all deliberations confidential.
If you are interested in serving on the Nominating Committee and have been a PTA member for at least the past 30 days, the election of this committee will be at our next PTA Meeting on February 23 at 8:30 am in Room 3! Show up and either nominate yourself or have someone else nominate you. If you would like to be considered for the Nominating Committee, but are unable to attend the meeting, please contact email@example.com no later than February 21st with your written consent to run for a spot on the committee. Only people present at the meeting or from whom the president receives a written consent will be considered for election.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional questions.