All parents of 6th to 12th grade students are invited to attend this important and timely presentation and discussion on Vaping, E-Cigs and Addiction.
Join us on Tuesday, September 25th for an important SAMOHI PTSA Parent Education presentation about Vaping, E-cigarettes and the addiction they can cause in our children. Representatives from the CLARE Foundation will lead the presentation and discussion.
• Learn what vaping is. See what a JUUL looks like and how easy they are to hide at school and at home.
• Understand how companies are marketing these to appeal to children and teens.
• Hear about the dangerous chemicals found in e-cigarettes. It’s more than just nicotine.
• Learn how nicotine affects the teenage brain.
• Get tips on how to speak with your children about drug use and how to detect if they are using.
Tuesday, September 25th, 7 p.m. Samohi Cafeteria
Parking suggestion: City Civic Lot across from Samohi. Enter through 4th Street gate between field and Doubletree. You will have to pay upon exit.
NOTE: We will start with a short presentation and vote about supporting Measure SMS on the November 2018 ballot. Measure SMS will enable us to continue our efforts to upgrade and modernize our Santa Monica Schools. The Parent Education presentation will begin at 7:30 p.m.
No RSVP necessary.
To see the flyer, click: Samohi 9_25_18 Parent Ed Flyer.pdf
Thank you, Community & Public Relations Department, Superintendent’s Office, SMMUSD