Our Franklin PTA is looking for AMAZING PARENTS to chair the Reflections Committee in [Fall] 2019! For 50 years, the National PTA’s reflection program has helped students explore their own thoughts, feelings and ideas, develop artistic literacy, increase confidence and find a love for learning that will help them to become more successful in school. Each Fall, students create original works of art in the areas of film, music, dance, visual arts and photography. Next year’s theme has already been announced: Look Within. All submissions are showcased at a very special evening celebrating all of our young artists.
Interested in being our Chairperson? This means you will:
– Promote the contest and timing at school (see timeline here)
– Curate a panel of volunteer judges from the community to review artwork
– Oversee collection and judging of artwork
– Host an evening celebration at school for students and parents to view artwork and receive awards
This position is for you if you:
– Believe in the power of art to be transformative in a child’s life and feel strongly about the importance of an arts education
– Are organized and enjoy overseeing an event from start to completion
– Want to become involved in Franklin’s PTA but haven’t known where to start
– Are looking for a PTA position with limited scope – the focus of Reflections work takes place in September and October and then is done!
Please email incoming PTA President Katie Rosenfeld (firstname.lastname@example.org
) if you are interested in applying for this amazing role or to ask any questions you may have.