We hope you are able to join the Parent Welcome Meeting held on Zoom on Monday, August 16th, so much useful information about returning to Franklin was included. In case you missed out, you can find the full recording here.
From the Principal
It is time for our Student Committee Elections.
- 5th graders for President of Student Committee
- 4th graders for Vice President of Student Committee
- 3rd graders for Secretary of Student Committee
- Green Team Chairperson
Interested students need submit a one paragraph speech regarding their desire to run for office. The paragraph will be read out-loud as a speech to the 3rd through 5th graders in an assembly on Friday, October 12 at 1:15pm in the Cafetorium.
- The President will be in charge of making announcements to the school weekly. He or she will also be in charge of heading several committees and help create spirit days.
- The Vice President will assist the President with his/her duties and head sub-committees. He/she will help make announcements and lead our efforts to make sure students are receiving all information they need.
- The Secretary is in charge of taking notes during the meeting and providing the student committee facilitators information from meetings. The Secretary will assist with spirit days as well.
- There is also one new office which is the Green Team Chairperson officer. This person is in charge of our green efforts around campus including recycling, planting, and walk to school days and can be a 3rd, 4th, or 5th grader.
Speeches should indicate reasons for wanting to attain the office for which the student is running, what the student offer the school as an officer, and any other relevant information. Speeches should be submitted by Monday, October 8. No speeches will be accepted after that date.
From Principal Mrs. Tara Brown —
Again this year, Franklin Elementary School is fortunate to offer students Homework Club on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:05 – 4:00 p.m. Each day this club is supervised by a Franklin teacher who is able to help your child with homework should they need assistance. Homework club will begin the week of Monday, October 1.
Last School Year, our Homework Club attendance was not ideal. We are going to use the first semester of this school year to determine whether or not this is something we should still offer. PTA graciously pays for this every year, but it is not the most prudent use of funds to pay teachers to stay after school when only 3-5 students attend homework club. We would love to see more students attend! This is not a babysitting service; however, if your child needs help with homework, it is an amazing, FREE opportunity for your child to get the assistance they need.
Primary Homework Club for grades 1, 2 & 3 will meet:
- Mondays – Room 12
- Tuesdays – Room 26
- Thursdays – Room 28
Upper Homework Club for grades 4 & 5 will meet:
- Mondays – Room 37
- Tuesdays – Room 35
- Thursdays – Room 5
(These locations will be posted in your child’s classroom.)
The Homework Club rules are as follows:
- Homework Club is for students who need help and are there to work.
- Students being disruptive to the educational process will receive a warning phone call home from the Homework Club teacher.
- If a student continues to be disruptive, parents will receive a phone call or a letter from the Principal letting them know that their child is no longer allowed to attend Homework Club.
As a reminder, we are requiring students to remain at each club until the dismissal time of 4:00 p.m. If you need to get your child earlier than the dismissal time you will need to pick your child up directly from the appropriate homework club location and sign them out; NO STUDENT WILL BE DISMISSED BEFORE 4 P.M. TO MEET A PARENT AT A DIFFERENT LOCATION.
Your child should come to homework club prepared with pencils, paper, and homework.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Mrs. Tara Brown