Welcome to Franklin Elementary for the 2017-2018 School Year! We are so excited to bring you a revamped Franklin PTA website as well as the ability to handle your PTA payments, donations, and signups online!
Please have your First Day Packet Checklist available to follow along and check off each box as you complete each item. If you are interrupted during this First Day Packet process, simply click the ‘Save and Continue Later’ link at the bottom of the page, and a link will be sent to your email that will allow you to resume the process later.
PLEASE PLAN TO COMPLETE THIS ONLINE FORM AND RETURN YOUR MANILA ENVELOPE TO YOUR TEACHER OR THE FRONT OFFICE BY MONDAY, AUGUST 28th, 2017.
The Franklin First Day Packet will allow you to:
- Donate to the Franklin PTA Annual Fund ($500 suggested per child)
- Become a Member of the Franklin PTA ($8 per member)
- Give to Franklin Cares ($5 per child)
- Help the Franklin Carnival
- Support Your Classroom Booth ($25 per child)
- Purchase a Carnival Banner ($250 and up)
- Offer to Sponsor a Carnival Ride, the Big Top, and more ($2500 and up)
- Donate to Help our 5th Graders (for Parents of 5th Graders ONLY)
- Donate to the Culmination Ceremony ($100 per 5th grade child)
- Purchase a Memory Book ($40 per book)
At this point in the process you will be given a total of your donations and fees. Write this total on your checklist and continue through the rest of the First Day Packet. You’ll be able to pay with PayPal at the very end of the form.
After you pay with PayPal, an email will be sent to you with an itemized receipt. You do have the option to pay by check if you’d rather (you’ll include a check payable to “Franklin PTA” for the total amount in the manila envelope you will return to school), but we highly recommend that you pay by PayPal!
Other forms ready for you to complete online include:
- PTA EBlast Sign Up
- Franklin Online Directory Sign Up
- PTA Committee Sign Up
- Room Parent Volunteer Sign Up
- Recess Art Cart Volunteer Sign Up
- Lunch Supervisor Volunteer Sign Up
- Lunch Card Sign Up
- Information on Lunch & Breakfast
- Information on Health Care Coverage
- Student Accident and Health Insurance Signup
- Filming & Recording Release for PS Arts
You’ll also need to complete the two Emergency Cards that are enclosed in your manila envelope.
The school district also requires your signature on five forms that must be turned in to your teacher or the front office in the manila envelope provided. You will first read the information from the links provided in the online First Day Packet, and then you will complete and sign the five YELLOW signature pages that are provided in your manila envelope for your convenience. Please return them to school with the rest of your completed packet.
And finally, you’ll be asked to donate to the Ed Foundation (SMMEF) fund ($750 ask per Franklin student.) You have the option to pay online by clicking on their button, or pay by check in the Ed Foundation envelope included in your manila envelope.
If you have questions or are having problems completing your online packet, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. So let’s get started with your First Day Packet! The instructions you just read will be available directly above each section of the form.