THANK YOU TO ALL OUR FRANKLIN HEROES!
FRANKLIN’S GOT TALENT!!! HERE ARE THE WINNERS:
Congratulations to all the entrants this year!
IT’S ALL ABOUT THE ARTS!!
Reflections encourages students of all ages to:
- Unleash creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the fun and joy of making art
- Tap into critical-thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art.
“Heroes Around Me”
That’s the theme for the 2018-2019 Reflections Art Program which has been bringing the arts to life for more than 10 million students since 1969. And California State PTA and its members, families and kids are on the forefront of this amazing program, which increases community awareness of the importance of arts in education.
All Franklin students are invited to participate and submit original artwork in one of six areas:
TITLE AND ARTIST STATEMENT
Judges will consider your title and artist statement to learn more about your original work and creative interpretation of the theme. Give your work a title that stands out and describe how your work relates to your own personal interpretation of the theme.
Use these guiding questions to help you write an artist statement:
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g., supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)
- What/who was your inspiration?
Judges look for personal interpretations on the program theme that best exemplify creativity and technical skill.
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the work itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
PARTICIPATION IS EASY, EXCITING AND EMPOWERING
Artworks are submitted first to school-level PTAs, where they are first recognized,celebrated and judged by five grade-level divisions, while a non-judged Special Artists division celebrates student artists with special needs. School PTAs then choose a selection of entries to be judged by local PTA units, which are then sent on to councils and then districts for consideration. The final artworks submitted to California State PTA by districts are then considered for Outstanding Interpretation, Awards of Excellence or Awards of Merit. Outstanding Interpretation and Award of Excellence entries then go on to represent California in the final National PTA judging round.
Submissions Due Date: October 19th, 2018
Need a submission form? Download form here.
There will be a bin marked ‘Reflections’ at the front office for submission entries.
WE WILL HOLD FRANKLIN’S REFLECTION’S CEREMONY
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 5th, 2018
6:00pm – 8:00pm
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Visit the PTA Reflections Exhibit and Enjoy Live Student Performances!
Presentation of Awards
Visit the PTA Reflections Exhibit and Enjoy More Live Student Performances!
WE ALSO NEED A THEME FOR 2020-21
The art can’t start without an annual theme, and we need your help: Children and youth can submit a national theme to serve as the inspiration for Reflections artists and their original works. Students submitting the winning theme receive $100 and recognition at the National PTA Convention.
For any questions please contact Dana Colwell at email@example.com