Help fulfill our Librarian Ms. Mark’s Wish List this holiday shopping season! Here is how:
- Click the Amazon logo on our PTA website (it will automatically contribute 2.4% of your proceeds to Franklin, and your Amazon Prime works the same).
- Once you reach Amazon’s page, go to the upper right hand corner, pull down Wish List and select “Find a Wish List or Registry”
- Type in firstname.lastname@example.org, and shop away!
You can now shop at over 1,000 of your favorite online merchants – right from our website – and Franklin earns up to 16% of the purchase amount at no extra cost to you.
Please think of us before you shop online – it’s free to you and valuable for us.
Simply click on the eScrip Online Mall logo on our Support Franklin page.
Shopping and earning for Franklin is this simple…
- Click on the eScrip Online Mall logo on our website
- Sign in to your eScrip account or shop anonymously
- Choose from over 1,000 participating retailers
- We earn contributions automatically!
Sunday, October 7
7:30am 5K run/walk
8:00am 10K run/walk
8:15am 3K for Kids & Families
The race starts at Ocean Park and Barnard Way and finishes on Ocean Avenue near the Santa Monica Pier.
Fees & Deadline:
Or register on the day of the race for a higher fee. Be sure to mention Franklin!
(You don’t have to run to donate. 100% of your donation goes to Franklin)
Last November, the SMMUSD Board of Education adopted a Centralized Fundraising Policy (BP 3290) that will establish the Santa Monica-Malibu Education Foundation (SMMEF) as the central fundraising entity for the district. ONCE IMPLEMENTED, the SMMEF will be the ONLY fundraising entity to raise funds for the district to use to PAY FOR PERSONNEL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT.
The District Superintendent, Sandy Lyon, has submitted the following IMPLEMENTATION TIMELINE (in academic years July to July):
For more details download this PDF (pp. 117118).
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN TO FRANKLIN?
- For 2012–2013 and 2013–2014: Nothing Changes – Every Dollar You Donate to Franklin PTA STAYS at Franklin
- Starting July 2013: We will continue to fund our own staff – but also help SMMEF raise funds to build up an SMMEF reserve for 2014–2015
- July 1, 2014: Once the policy is fully implemented, our current PTA-funded personnel (aides, computer technologist, etc.) and professional development will be funded by the SMMEF – we will not be able to decide (on our own) the amount of funding and pay for them ourselves.
FRANKLIN PTA GOALS:
- We believe in giving every child the best education possible. But this cannot be achieved by redistributing funds from one school to another. Instead, we need to “Raise All Boats” and increasing funding for EVERY SCHOOL to achieve equity.
- 2012 – 2013: THIS IS OUR BIG FUNDRAISING YEAR – we need to build up our own reserve to create a cushion for next year when we need to raise our own funds AND help the SMMEF.
- We MUST push for TRANSPARENCY at the SMMEF – how will funds be raised, used and redistributed?
- We MUST have REPRESENTATION on the SMMEF – to decide how our money will be spent. To quote Patrick Henry, “No Taxation Without Representation!”
- We need YOUR SUPPORT: As we go forward with the implementation process, please sign petitions, attend Board of Ed meetings, etc. when we ask for your support. Don’t free-ride on your child’s education.
LET FRANKLIN’S VOICE BE HEARD!
This year, 100% of your donation + $5 of your registration fee will go to Franklin’s athletic program — providing funds for PE, intramural activities and equipment. (Example: Frankie registers $20 to run, and gets $50 from friends and family sponsorship, Franklin School gets a total of $5 + $50 = $55!)